Saturday, August 3, 2013

APPLE 24 CINEMA DISPLAY REVIEW

Im not exactly sure what is the big hype over the new cinema displays Apple has just let loose (oh I forgot they are Apple branded), but either way youre probably wondering if they are right for you (if you have deep pockets).

Well I would normally give you an entire review on the thing but seeing that Engadget has done the job for me Ill just point out some flaws and strong points.

Using the new displays myself I find them quite entertaining and useful. The LED back light is crisp and although it has a high gloss screen the back light takes out most of the glare in well lighted rooms. The only major problem is the inclusion of one port in the display.

The only port you get is a Mini DisplayPort port and if you want anything else you gotta be willing to spend $30 for an adapter for VGA, DVI or S-Video. Not only that but I find no options for HDMI. Come on Apple show a little love to high def. And last but not least no auxiliary port. Some how Im not 100% sure it is worth the money but if you have the extra cash lying around, heck go for it.

READ FULL REVIEW